Monday, March 4, 2013

Am I the Change I want to see in the World?

I used to write a lot when I was younger...
Then I had children, they seem to have taken up a lot of my time back then...
though I never realized how much until they weren't underfoot anymore.
As they got older I started writting here and there almost like journaling.
Then my life came un done...
within a short period of time I lost my balance in life...
My Marriage disolved, I had a stroke, followed by a mental melt down, then a smaller stroke (a TIA) and lastly my youngest left me for her father.
 I read what I wrote before and she seems like she was a really Beautiful, Colorfully Artistic and Together Woman... But I don't really remember her... All I know are the gossemer wisps of fragmented memories and all I see are the Monsters in the Mirror...



I read another "Quote" this morning... it said...
"Be the Change You Want To See in The World"
Am I the change I want to see in the world?
I know I believe in compassion and I am trying hard for self-awareness.
I try and have the courage to look myself in the mirror.
I try wisdom and guidance in Spirituallty .
I know I have problems with needing validation and acceptance.
I know I am terrified of being judged
I know I fall into the pit of hopelessness and despair.
I know I can be needy and impulsive.
But at the same time, I feel confident.
I’m a lot of things that are in conflict with each other,
And I’m trying to learn that not everything has to be one way or another.
I don't experience the world like most people do
I know I am an amazing person... Funny Thing is... 
I just don't believe it...
I feel trapped in a cage of depression and borderline hatred
guess what... another "Quote" 
Take these broken wings and learn to fly... Learn to live so free...
I know this may not have been the authors intent but it works for me...
It's hard to have a condition that is stigmatized and judged but somewhere inside
I know I am stronger than this disorder.

No comments: